Future training will be updated as they are scheduled
AYS 1- The Macrocosm & Microcosm of Ayurveda & Yoga:
AYS 2 Psychology of Ayurveda and the Physiology of Yoga:
AYS 3 Improving Our Digestion of Foods, Thoughts, and Actions:
AYS 4 Clinical Use of Ayurveda and Yoga:
“The AYS program is a great way to understand both our physical and mental bodies from a different perspective. More importantly, this course showed me how to apply the theory to everyday life. I’m looking forward to a healthier me!” – Michele Weis
Friday 1pm- 8pm
Saturday 11:30am – 8pm
Sunday 11am – 4 pm
Become an Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist. After completing each of the 4 units and participating in optional Case Study sessions, you will have the knowledge and skill to create a specific dosha balancing yoga practice, use food with awareness, and create a basic lifestyle plan for yourself and for your clients based upon their needs and goals. You’ll be able to offer basic Ayurvedic consultations, “Ayurveda” 101 programs, and you will have access to additional training and supervision from the Himalayan Institute “Graduates Only” case supervision sessions.
This program has been recognized and is listed with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) All dedicated yoga students and teachers are invited to take this training, but certification will only be given to students who have 200-hour yoga certification from an accredited school (YTT program).
Note: Sessions 1 to 3 can be taken as independent workshops and must be completed before registering for Unit 4. All four sessions are required for certification.
About the Certification
Students will learn
- How prana (life force) and ojas (deep vitality) can be cultivated to regulate and support agni (digestive fire) for optimal health
- A deeper knowledge of the ayurvedic maps: doshas (constitutions), gunas (psychological tendencies), vayus (winds or movement of prana), and koshas (sheaths)
- How to adapt asana (postures) and pranayama to kindle our agni and better circulate prana for efficient energy management
- The alchemy of yoga and ayurveda along with diet and lifestyle adjustments to adapt to daily, seasonal, and stage-of-life changes
- How to identify typical constitutional imbalances and know how to address vikruti (imbalances) through asana, pranayama, deep relaxation, meditation and diet, cleansing, and lifestyle adjustments.
Cost: Total cost for all 4 programs (in 2017) $1396. Payment options available.
Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume One: Fundamental Principles by Dr. Vasant Lad
Yoga & Ayurveda: Self-Healing and Self-Realization by David Frawley
These books will be available for purchase on-site and are not included in the cost of tuition.