Use your class pass!
Come as you are and practice at the level that most benefits you. A variety of energizing and strengthening postures will be offered at levels suitable for practitioners with any level of experience.
Our Himalayan Institute of Pittsburgh is a peaceful community, welcome to all. In these turbulent times…let us come together, drop within and meditate…or maybe you have never meditated? You could simply sit in silence. Let’s create a positive energy that will promote peace and carry us throughout our world.
Time: 7pm – 8pm. Sit for five minutes or stay the whole hour!
Bring: Mat, or props that will comfort. We do offer mats, bolsters, blocks, and blankets for your support.
Please pre-register at the Front Desk
Balance and focus
Relaxation techniques and the benefits
Increase core strength
Pre-registration is necessary. 48 hour notice is required for refunds.
These days, life can be stressful and we can feel pulled in many different directions. With technology, we have more access to what is going on in the world around us- lots of information to process and to respond to. Join us for new tools that will keep in balance. Learn simple ways to create structure, give the mind a break and enjoy all that the world has
Pre-registration is necessary. 48 hour notice is needed for refunds.
|Holistic Approach Anxiety|
“Don’t say I can’t do that.” “Say I can’t do that YET!”
So often we think that we can’t do something. I believe there is only one thing that stand in our way. Our doubtful thoughts. That’s why I have come up with Y.E.T. yoga. Your Empowered Thinking! Once you change your thinking you create the space for all possibilities to occur.…
Come for One Session $30
Or Save the more you register for:
Two Sessions $55
Each Session will be 2 hours…ish!
Saturday July 21, 2018 1pm-3pm
Workshop 2: Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement and Memory
Research is showing the connection between meditation, mindfulness, movement and memory. This workshop will take us through different ways to protect the aging mind. It’s never too early to start! We will practice different mediation techniques as well as how to bring mindfulness into your everyday life. Lifestyle changes and modifiable risk factors can also play an important role in prevention. Learn how to create a Memory Palace to assist with short term memory. Birthdays will come but we can slow down the process of our aging by the way we think and live today!
Saturday August 25,2018 1pm-3pm
Workshop 3: Play, Rest and Wholehearted Living
If you were asked to make a wish list what would be on it? If you were asked to list what makes you happy what would be on that list? Do your two lists conflict? So often we wish for material things but find what brings us true joy is creativity and playful times. Play simple for the sake of play. We are all born creative beings… finding your expression of creativity can sometimes be a challenge if you have labeled yourself as “not the creative type.” We will explore ways to balance work, play and rest that will open you to a new way of living… Joyfully and Whole-hearted!
A Spring Retreat focused on Yoga and Ayurveda
Join us to:
• CONNECT WITH NATURE– this retreat is designed to help us remember our true nature, our essence. Join us to feel in harmony with nature, practice and learn in a beautiful setting.
• EVALUATE YOUR CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES– Our lives are busy and many times our habits don’t serve us but they are such an entrenched part of our daily lives that we don’t have the distance to even see them. This retreat will help you take a step back and re-evaluate your life situations and give you space and training to respond new ways.
• RECEIVE SUPPORT TO CREATE HEALTHY HABITS– We start each day with meditation and asana class. We also spend time learning about Yoga and Ayurveda and how they can help support balance in your life. There will be plenty of time for relaxation, exploration and introspection. Nourish yourself with fresh, healthy meals. Leave the retreat with ideas to incorporate into your daily routines at home.
• FIND HEALING-Spring is the perfect time for renewal. Restore your mental, physical and emotional health. Take the time to process and release old patterns that aren’t serving you anymore.
$1500 Single Occupancy (waiting list)
$1300 Double Occupancy
$1200 Triple Occupancy
$1100 Dorm Registration
Until March 1, 2019
$1600 Single Occupancy
$1400 Double Occupancy
$1300 Triple Occupancy
* Each participant receives a complimentary Ayurvedic Health Consultation. Includes accommodations and tuition. Does not include Travel.
We all want to feel a little more balanced. Yoga practices are designed to systematically build strength in our body while increasing our energy and ability to discriminate. As we progress, we have the steadiness to start looking at how we interact with the world around us. Ayurveda, the “science of life” helps us manage what we are taking in from our diet, lifestyle habits and relationships. During this retreat we will explore different yoga practices, learning how to do them effectively and why they work. These practices will provide needed healing and the empowerment to make a lasting change. We will also take a closer look at ourselves and our lifestyle, finding ways to create more harmony in ourselves and the way we connect with the world around us.
7-8 am Hatha class
Time for Excursions or Relaxation
3-5 pm Ayurvedic Health Consultations
Afternoon- Free time to explore or relax
5-6 pm Yin Yoga
7-9 pm Lecture and Discussion
Times may change depending on the retreat’s centers meal schedule. More exact times are coming soon!
Kate serves as President on the Board of Directors for the Himalayan Institute of Pittsburgh and is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. Drawing from the Himalayan Tradition, she blends yogic and Ayurvedic techniques to promote wellness on all levels. Kate enjoys leading corporate seminars and retreats in and out of the country. She also works with athletes to optimize peak efficiency and students, teaching them mindfulness and yoga practices that they can carry with them throughout their lives.
Sunday Evenings 7:30 – 8:45 pm
April 29th – June 10th
Thursday Evenings 5:45- 7 pm
July 12th – August 30th
$96 for 8 weeks
More and more people are discovering the benefits of yoga. Whether you are interested in flexibility, strength, stress reduction or balance, it helps to learn the fundamentals of yoga in a systematic, non-threatening way.
This class will cover the basics of breath awareness and different types of yoga postures (asanas). Throughout the session we will encourage a healthy connection between breath and posture, increasing body awareness, and ease in movement. The class will also explore relaxation techniques to increase your sense of well being and balance.
Beat the heat by exploring a Yin Yoga Practice. Yin is a passive practice that targets the connective tissues, ligaments, bones & joints of the body. During the practice, we will integrate essential oils to enhance healing, balance & well being.
No prior yoga experience necessary.
Pre-registration is necessary. 48 hour notice is required for refunds.
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 jar of Chyawaprash
5 cups white flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ginger root powder
Directions: Pre-heat oven at 350
1. In mixer, cream together butter & brown sugar then add eggs (one at a time). Blend well then add chyawanprash. Use a knife to get it out of the jar.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to the wet ingredients until blended well. Use a spoon to scoop into a medium size ball. Dip one side in raw sugar and place on a lined cookie sheet, sugar side up. Bake for 10-12 minutes.